If you own a Jeep Wrangler and live in an area where snow and ice are common, it’s essential to have the best snow plow for your vehicle. There are many different types of snowplows available for Jeeps, and knowing the other options available can help you make a better decision when it comes time to get your Jeep ready for the snow.
Table of Contents
Best Snow Plow for Jeep Wrangler
The first thing to determine is whether you want a manual or automatic snowplow. A manual snow plow mounts to the front end of your vehicle and can be operated by hand. An automated snow plow mounts to the top of your jeep and uses hydraulics to lift and lower.
1. Kolpin ATV Switchblade Plow – 17-0000
The Kolpin Switchblade ATV plow is one of the best snow plows for a Jeep Wrangler. It mounts to the front of your vehicle and can be operated by hand. This plow will clear both the windshield and hood of your Jeep, as well as the roof when needed. The Switchblade ATV plow features heavy-duty steel construction and folds down to easily store away in-between uses.
- Swing-Away Kit Included: The swing-away kit allows you to quickly remove the Kolpin ATV Plow from your vehicle, making it easy to transport on top of your vehicle or in a trailer.
- Heavy Duty Steel Construction: The heavy-duty steel construction of the Kolpin ATV plow is excellent in areas with frequent snowfalls. This plow is built to withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
- Quick-Release Pin: The quick-release pin makes it easy to attach or detach your plow from your vehicle. This is an excellent feature for when you need to remove and replace the snowplow from your vehicle frequently.
- Not Compatible with All Vehicles: Some vehicles require an adapter plate for this product to work correctly. Be sure to check that this model is compatible with your Jeep before purchasing it.
2. WARN 78954 ProVantage 54″ Straight Plow Blade, Black
The WARN 78954 ProVantage Straight 54″ Plow Blade is our next best choice. This plow can be installed on your Jeep Wrangler in less than 1 hour and provides immense snow clearing capabilities. The ProVantage plow is compatible with a wide range of Jeeps, including all models of the JK Wrangler. This plow features lightweight aluminum construction and swings away for easy storage once it’s not needed for use.
- Quiet Operation: WARN claims that their ProVantage Plow offers the most silent operation ever produced for any snow thrower/plow combination in history. The 78954 Plow is extremely quiet when used, making it the perfect choice for off-road driving.
- Mounting System: The mounting system on the WARN 78954 is straightforward to install. This model will install with just one bolt and uses a 540-degree pivot point for easy operation. The only components you will need to install this snowplow are an extension kit and a hitch pin.
- Snow Plow Assembly Required: Some customers have been disappointed by this product because they have not received an assembly kit when purchasing it online or through a dealership or parts store.
3. Meyer Plow Angle Hydraulic Snow Plow
The Meyer Plow Angle Hydraulic Snow Plow is not intended for use with a Jeep Wrangler, but it will work on many smaller SUVs and trucks. This plow features heavy-duty steel construction and adjustable angle for easy cleaning. The Meyer Plow Angle Hydraulic Plow has 32-inch wings to provide maximum snow clearing capabilities. This plow is designed to mount to your vehicle so that it clears the ground by 2 inches when you are driving in reverse while removing 4 inches on the hood of your vehicle and 6 inches on your roof.
- 360 Degree Swivel: The 360-degree swivel on the Meyer Plow Angle Hydraulic Snow Plow allows you to easily clean around obstacles and make sure you are clearing snow from all sides of your vehicle. The plow is rated for a 12-inch width, which means that it will clear snow from the entire width of your Jeep’s hood.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Construction: This plow has a heavy-duty steel construction designed to withstand the wear and tear of frequent use. This plow is designed to last for years of reliable service.
- Requires Specific Jeep Model: This model requires a special adapter to be fitted onto your Jeep, so make sure that you own a compatible Jeep model before purchasing the Meyer Plow Angle Hydraulic Plow.
4. Black Boar Snowplow
The Black Boar Snowplow is designed with several different vehicles, including jeeps, trucks, SUVs, and cars. This snow plow features a “Universal Mounting System” that allows it to be easily installed on all types of vehicles. The Universal mounting system mounts to your vehicle using the traditional frame mounts or custom mounting brackets included with this product. The Black Boar Snowplow is available in both two-post and four-post models. This plow features an adjustable angle and is designed to clear off both four-wheel and two-wheel drives.
- Quiet Operation: The Black Boar Snowplow is designed to be exceptionally quiet, making it a great choice if you want to remove snow while still being able to enjoy the peace of your off-road driving experience. This plow uses a rubber blade that creates very little noise when it comes into contact with the surface of the snow. This plow includes rubber bands attached between the shovel and frame for a quieter ride.
- Problems with Shipping: Some customers have experienced issues with their Black Boar Snowplow as they received it through the mail. Be sure to check the box before you accept it when your order is delivered to ensure that it did not damage the plow during shipping.
5. DK2 Avalanche Universal Heavy Duty Snow Plow
We will review the last snow plow is, the DK2 Avalanche Universal Heavy Duty Snow Plow. This is a great model for those who do not have room to store a full-size snow plow and want to be able to store their snowplow in their garage when it’s not in use. This model features heavy-duty steel construction and can be quickly removed from your vehicle when you use it. This makes it the perfect pickup truck snowplow.
- Universal Mounting System: The universal mounting system makes this model easy to install on any Jeep with enough room for the unit on its hood or roof. The DK2 Avalanche Heavy Duty Plow comes with a universal mounting system, so you can be sure that it will mount properly on your vehicle.
- Folds for Storage: This Jeep snowplow can be easily folded into a compact position when not in use. This allows you to store the plow in your garage, saving space and money. The DK2 Avalanche Heavy Duty Snow Plow will fit in a garage space that is smaller than the typical snowblower.
Special Adapter Plate Required: The DK2 Avalanche Heavy Duty Plow does not require an adapter plate for installation, but it does need one for proper operation on all Jeep Wrangler models.
6. Snow Bear Personal Plow
The Snow Bear Personal Plow is a versatile snow plow used on various vehicles. The Personal Plow has a heavy-duty steel design and is manufactured to last for years of use. This plow can be mounted on your car using the included system or a mounting system you provide for it. The Snow Bear Personal Plow comes with an adjustable angle for easy adjustment and is designed to clear snow by 4 inches from the hood and roof of your vehicle.
- Fully Adjustable Angle: The Snow Bear Personal Plow features an adjustable angle that allows you to clean both the hood and roof of your vehicle quickly. This snow plow features steel wings designed to clear snow from the entire width of your vehicle.
- Robust Design: The Snow Bear Personal Plow is made with heavy-duty steel construction and is designed to withstand years of use. This plow also allows you to clean around obstacles easily, and this will enable you to stay focused on highway driving while the Snow Bear Personal Plow clears the ground underneath your Jeep.
No Adjustment Options: The Snow Bear Personal Plow does not feature any adjustment options when it comes to clearing snow, so you will have to be careful while removing the ground beneath your vehicle.
Tips for Choosing a Jeep Snow Plow
- A traditional snowplow is unnecessary if you plan to drive in only mild snow and ice. However, if your area experiences many snowfalls and freezing temperatures, you will need a heavy-duty snowplow.
- The amount of snow you want to clear at one time is another essential factor to consider before purchasing a Jeep snowplow. For example, if you drive a compact car and only need to clear snow from a small area, a manual or automatic snowplow might be the best choice for your Jeep.
- Manual plows will not handle the weight if you have a larger vehicle, like an SUV or truck.
- When installing your Jeep snow plow, make sure it is properly aligned. You want to make sure the plow clears the ground by 2-6 inches when going in reverse and has adequate clearance when in the future.
- To effectively clear heavy snowfalls, you need to remove them off of your roof as well as off of the hood of your Jeep.
Buyer’s Guide of Best Snow Plow for Jeep Wrangler
1. Type of Snow Plow: There are four different types of snowplows that you can purchase, each designed for other uses.
Air-Cooled: This type of snowplow is designed to be used on a rotary blower-style vehicle. These machines are more efficient than other types of snowplows because they move air instead of rolling wheels, allowing the blower to pull more snow out of the ground at once. This will enable you to clear an area faster and make your drive safer as less time is wasted clearing areas that have already been removed or are no longer being blown by the wind.
Four-Wheel Drive: This type of snowplow is designed to remove snow from a vehicle that has a four-wheel drive. These machines can be used on Jeeps equipped with four-wheel drive and can be used on any vehicle with enough room for the plow. The most common products in this category are the Ram Plows, made famous because of their use on most vehicles.
Eight-Wheel Drive: This type of snowplow is designed to remove snow from a vehicle with an eight-wheel drive. These machines can be used on Jeeps for more than four-wheel purposes. They use a cable-controlled rotating snowplow to clear snow from the ground and are more productive than other snowplows.
External: External snow plows are designed to remove snow from your vehicle using a blower-style machine. They are designed to fit underneath the vehicle and away from the tires but may make some noise when in use because of their design. This type of machine is suitable for small cars or those who do not want to mess with attaching an air-cooled or four-wheel drive machine onto their vehicle.
2. Material: The most common material for a snowplow is steel. Steel snowplows can easily be folded into a compact position to be stored in your garage when they are not in use. This allows you to save money and space while also giving you the option of putting your plow on your vehicle when it’s needed.
3. Angle: Snowplows come with adjustable angles that allow you to easily adjust the angle of the snow outflow depending on where it is needed. This can help ensure that you clear an entire area instead of just those areas closest to your plow at one time, wasting time and money.
4. Length: Snowplows can be purchased in a wide range of different sizes. You will want to make sure that the plow you choose fits properly on your vehicle. Measure the width of your vehicle and look for measurements on the plow you wish to purchase so that you can get an accurate idea of how much room it will take up on your Jeep.
5. Mounting System: There are three kinds of mounting systems available with snowplows, each designed for a specific type of vehicle or terrain. Hitch Mounting System: This type of mounting system is designed to install easily onto a vehicle using the hitch mounted to its frame by factory equipment.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.