Do you need a gaming headset that doesn’t have a mic? If so, what are the best ones for your needs? Read on to discover some of the best choices available. You don’t need to be an audiophile to enjoy the decent sound quality. With today’s technology, especially when it comes to gaming headphones and other audio devices, you can achieve great sound without breaking. We’ve rounded up some of the best headphones that don’t have a mic.
Check also: Best Skullcandy Earbuds
Table of Contents
Best Gaming Headphones without mic
You can also use them as your primary headphones if you need a backup pair that works with your phone or computer. Finding a good pair of gaming headphones without a mic requires some research because there are so many options. To make things easier for you, we’ve put together this list of the best ones on the market based on online customer reviews and our own research.
Check also: Best Budget Subwoofers
1. OneOdio Pro-10 Gaming Headset
The OneOdio Pro-10 gaming headset is one of the newest models on the market, and it’s been getting some great reviews from customers. The sound quality is exceptional. The closed ear cups provide you with a directionality that’s ideal for gaming as well as excellent noise reduction. It also comes in a wide range of colours from blue to orange and black, so you’re sure to find a pair that suits your taste.
- Closed ear headphones for better noise reduction
- Superior quality sound
- Good bass
- Low latency for users who play online video games.
2. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Gaming Headset
Audio-Technica is known for its great-sounding audio products. The ATH-M50x gaming headphones are one of the best ones on the market. They offer a frequency response that ranges from 15 Hz to 28 kHz, so you’re sure to get excellent audio quality. They also have big 45 mm drivers and ear pads that swivel 90 degrees, so they’re really comfortable while you’re using them.
- High-quality sound
- Comfortable fit due to foldable design
- Excellent noise cancellation and a long cable that makes it possible for you to move around when you play video games or watch movies.
3. SteelSeries 61511 Gaming Headset
SteelSeries is another brand that has developed a good reputation for making high-quality products. The 61511s are some of the best gaming headphones without a mic on the market. They’re equipped with a closed ear cup design, which helps to block out background noise and enhance audio clarity. They also have high-quality 50 mm drivers that are designed to provide you with excellent bass and mid-range tones.
- 50 mm speakers with Neodymium magnets enhance bass and mid-range tones
- Closed ears allow that to block out external noise so you can hear crystal clear sound while you play games or watch movies. Adjustable microphone for ease in taking calls when you need to.
4. Sony MDR7506 Gaming Headset
Sony has been one of the biggest names in audio for many years, and their headphones are some of the best on the market. These over-the-ear headphones provide incredible sound quality with a deep bass that’s ideal for gaming. Their closed-ear design also helps to filter out ambient noise so you can really hear all the action while you play games or watch movies.
- Adjustable headband and padded ear cups that allow you to customise them to your comfort level
- Impressive frequency response of 10 Hz – 20 kHz that provides excellent sound clarity. Long cable provides you with great mobility while you play games or listen to music while on your computer.
5. Beyerdynamic 718033 Gaming Headset
Beyerdynamic is a fairly new brand, but they’ve quickly earned a reputation for making great quality headphones and headsets. These gaming headphones are one of the more expensive options on our list, but they’re really well-made. Their sound is sharp, and the bass is deep and rich. The headband adjusts, so you can customise it to fit your head perfectly so that you’re comfortable while you play games or watch movies.
- High-quality microfiber headband that’s soft against your scalp
- High-level noise reduction with closed ear cups and padded ear pads for comfort.
6. Philips Fidelio X2HR
If you’re looking for a great set of headphones that include a microphone, the Philips Fidelio X2HR is an excellent choice. It includes a three-way electrostatic headphone design and is ideal for both gaming and music. They provide high-quality sound that’s crisp, clear and especially ideal for rock, jazz, or classical music.
- Includes high-definition drivers that produce great audio quality and deep bass tones
- Closed ear cups provide optimal noise reduction so that you can hear all the details in your music or games.
7. Sennheiser HD280PRO
These closed ear headphones with a replaceable cable are ideal for gaming and listening to music. They have an impressive frequency response of 10 Hz – 25 kHz, so you’re sure to get excellent sound. They also come with a 1/8-inch connector that’s compatible with most devices and computers.
- They’re very sturdy and durable due to the steel band that wraps around the headband
- The ear pads can be replaced when necessary and are washable so they stay fresh.
8. Audio-Technica ATH-AD500x
If you’re looking for high-quality sound that’s ideal for gaming, but don’t want to spend a lot of money, the Audio-Technica AD500x headphones are an excellent option. They have 40 mm neodymium drivers that provide great sound quality and deep bass tones. The closed ear cups help to reduce background noise so you can really hear all the details of your music or games as you play.
Lightweight design is perfect for gamers who want a compact headset that they can wear with ease. Low impedance is ideal for game consoles, computers, and mobile devices. Foldable design allows you to pack them away when they’re not in use.
9. Soundcore by Anker Life Q30 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
If you don’t like the idea of closed headphones, Anker has introduced a great set of headphones that use an active noise cancelling technology. They also have a compact design, so they’re easy to transport when you travel. The sound is high quality and very clean and crisp, so you really hear all the details.
- Active noise cancelling technology reduces background noise by up to 94%
- Lightweight design provides excellent comfort for hours of wear without causing irritation or discomfort. Quality sound and good bass for listening to music or playing games on your computer. Long battery life allows you to listen for up to 15 hours before having to recharge them.
10. Monoprice BT-300ANC Wireless Over Ear Headphones
If you’re looking for wireless headphones that have a great reputation for being affordable, the Monoprice BT-300 ANC is an excellent choice. They produce high quality sound and are comfortable to wear. You can also wear them for hours without experiencing ear fatigue or discomfort. Some of the features we like include active noise cancelling technology, Bluetooth capability with up to 30 feet of connectivity, and a built-in microphone for answering your phone calls.
Great sound quality is perfect for music or listening to games on your computer. Suitable for wireless Bluetooth devices with AUX input jack if you need to connect it to your computer or other device.
Buying guide to choose the Best Gaming Headphones Without Mic:
Check also: Best Gaming Headset for Kids
1. Portability: If you want to be able to take your headphones with you wherever you go, then the first thing you should consider is portability. That’s why we’ve made this list of top 10 best gaming headphones without a microphone. All of these headphones are reasonably lightweight, so they won’t weigh down your bag or get in the way even when you’re playing a game for hours at a time. Choose a pair that comes with a carrying case or sturdy travel bag so that they won’t get damaged while travelling and can be used again when it gets back to you.
2. Sensitivity: When it comes to sound quality, the last thing we want is headphones that lack sensitivity. This is one of the features that makes these headphones such an excellent choice. They’ll pick up all the details in your music while you play your games or listen to yourself listening to music through a device like an iPhone or an iPad. For this reason, we’ve included some of the best headphones with excellent sensitivity on this list of top 10 best gaming headphones without a microphone.
3. Noise cancelling: In addition to audio quality, another thing you should be concerned about is whether or not the noise cancelling technology will work for your needs. The last thing you want when you’re playing games is for all the other noises around you to disturb your game play because it’s too loud. All of the headphones in this list of top 10 best gaming headphones without a microphone have active noise cancelling technology.
4. Wireless: Many mobile devices these days have Bluetooth capabilities, allowing you to connect up to two devices at once. If your mobile device has Bluetooth capabilities and you don’t have any other wires to connect them, then these are the headphones that you want. They’re lightweight, so they won’t get stuck in your ear or cause irritation while wearing them for hours on end.
5. Sound quality: Playing games and watching movies with headphones is almost as good as being there in person. It’s fun to be able to experience the events that are happening around you, and it’s enjoyable to have the music or sounds of nature surround you while you play. With that said, if you want great sound quality with headphones without a microphone then make sure you pay attention to this feature when choosing your next set of gaming headphones.
6. Comfort: You want proper comfort while playing games with your headphones without a mic so that they won’t irritate your ears or cause hearing damage. The last thing you want is to have sore ears or to be distracted by uncomfortable headphones. Choose a pair that’s lightweight and has sturdy construction so they won’t easily break. Some of the headphones on this list of top 10 best gaming headphones without a microphone are foldable, so you can pack them away if you don’t want to wear them, or when you need to travel with them.
7. Technology: Newer technology continues to emerge, so if you want the best sound quality possible then make sure your next set of headphones without a microphone includes newer technology with the latest sound improvements in the form of new drivers and cones.
8. Noise Isolation: One of the most important things you need from a headset is noise isolation. If you’re playing games competitively online or even at home with friends and family members, then you need an audio device that isolates the background noise for you so that you can focus on your game play.
Gaming Headphones Without a Mic Worth Buying?
There are a lot of headphones that are marketed as having “no microphone”. They do not only claim this, but they also come with a price tag that is way less than what you would expect to pay for headphones without a microphone. In most cases, these headphones come with a description from their manufacturer saying that the headphones don’t support voice calls or voice chat, or even the lack of any internal mic or speaker. All of the headphones on this list do support the ability to broadcast your voice through your device and play music through your device.
Check also: Best Dolby Atmos Headphones
Having a headset that doesn’t have any mic doesn’t mean you can use it as an external microphone though. You can use certain speaking applications, such as Skype, to broadcast your voice and then use the headphones you bought to listen to the voice. You can also use your device’s video calling feature, like FaceTime on an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, to communicate with friends or family members without using a phone call.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.