To get the most out of your Dolby Atmos experience, you need to pick up the right gear. Your movies and games will thank you with a crisp audio mix that puts you on the ground, in the ocean, or even over an exploding volcano. If you want to feel immersed in your music or game worlds, headphones are necessary. You don’t want any extraneous noise to take away from your immersion or drown out dialogue or critical sounds. The below-given Best Dolby Atmos Headphones will be very useful as well as these products brought from experts.
Table of Contents
Best Dolby Atmos Headphones
Some people have found it difficult to find headphones that work with Dolby Atmos because there is no standardized technology for delivery and decoding of Atmos content yet — so there are only a few brands making suitable headphones right now. Picking the right headphones can be difficult, especially if you’re new to audiophile-grade equipment. Luckily, we’re here to help you navigate the landscape and find a pair of Dolby Atmos headphones that will enhance your home theatre setup.
1. Sony MDR-HW700DS Wireless Headphone 100-240V (Japan Import)
There are several options when it comes to wireless Dolby Atmos headphones, but Sony’s MDR-HW700DS is the best. The headphones come with a well-equipped setup that includes two sets of wireless earbuds and one sturdy 3.5mm cable for connecting to your audio receiver. A lot of wireless sets can get tangled or lose signal strength in high-traffic areas; this set keeps you free from those issues by staying connected even if there are lots of people around you. The sound quality is also great – even in noisy environments, the audio won’t get distorted and will always be crystal clear.
- Extra-long battery life of 20 hours (a lot more than the average of around 8 hours)
- Great sound quality without distortion even in crowded environments.
- Only two earbuds are included – no spare pair to keep an extra pair on hand.
2. iClever Cat Ear Bluetooth Headphones RGB LED Light Up Over Ear with Microphone
This pair of headphones is a tad more expensive than the other ones on this list, but it’s worth the price. You can connect it to your computer or mobile device to stream music wirelessly or through a 3.5mm stereo cord. The set includes a micro USB charging cable, a user manual, and an 18-month warranty card. The headphones themselves are made with high-quality leather and cushion ear pads that will keep you comfortable while listening to your favorite songs even after an hour of use.
- You can connect to your computer or mobile device through a USB cable or Bluetooth.
- Comes with an 18-month warranty card.
- Stay connected even when you’re surrounded by lots of people.
- Light-up LED lights that make it easy to find the perfect pair in a dark room.
Excessive bass makes it hard for you to hear other sounds around you. The excessive bass also makes the sound seem distorted on the high end and low-end frequencies.
3. Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 Gaming Headset
Dual Subwoofers – Audio Control Unit – Rotatable Boom Mic – Works with PC – Classic Black: Razer’s Tiamat 7.1 V2 gaming headset is a good option if you want to use it for your video games. The set comes with a control unit that allows you to adjust the bass levels or control other audio settings, so no matter what kind of game you’re playing, you will always have full control over sound quality. The headset comes with two powerful built-in subwoofers and a noise-canceling microphone – that means no more build-up of earwax while wearing them during marathon gaming sessions.
- Comes with an adjustable bass level controller and noise-cancelling microphone.
- The great sound quality doesn’t distort even when there is background noise.
- Excellent value for money. The earcups don’t touch the ears, so you can wear them for more than 8 hours without any discomfort.
- Slightly bulky design that might not be comfortable for smaller heads. Wires can be a hassle if you want to wear the headset during exercise or other physical activities. The USB connector is also very close to the USB and power supply inputs on your computer, so it can be hard to connect the wires without disconnecting other peripherals. The microphone is adjustable, but it’s still not as flexible as most boom microphones.
4. CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset – Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC – Discord Certified – 50mm Drivers – White:
The CORSAIR void Pro RGB wireless gaming headset is a great alternative to the Razer Tiamat 7.1 gaming headphones. The headset comes with a Dolby Surround sound decoder – so you will always have all the immersive audio effects without having to worry about any distortions that might be caused by other external noise. The headphones are also made with a high-quality plush material that won’t irritate your ears after hours of use, and they have 50mm drivers that offer crisp, clear sound quality.
- Dolby Surround sound decoder guarantees great sound quality even when there is background music or other conversation happening around you.
- Comes with 3 separate devices that let you connect to your phone or PC, PS4, Xbox One or even the Nintendo Switch.
- Good quality sound without distortions that are a result of other surrounding noises.
- The headphones don’t come with a detachable USB cable – you have to connect them directly to your computer if you’re not using a Bluetooth device.
5. Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones:
Bose’s QuietComfort 35 II wireless Bluetooth headphones are a great choice if you’re looking for something that offers both good sound quality and noise cancellation. The headset is designed with a light and comfortable design that makes it easy to wear even after hours of use, and the AAC codec ensures the audio will have crystal clear sound without any distortions. The headphones also come equipped with a microphone for making calls on your smartphone or laptop, so you won’t be disturbed when you want to focus on your work instead of being distracted by other noises.
- AAC codec guarantees crystal clear sound quality even in noisy environments.
- Very light and comfortable design that won’t irritate your ears after hours of use.
- Comes with a microphone for phone calls on your smartphone or laptop.
- Noise cancellation is not that effective – you still hear other noises outside the headset even when you have it on. Sound quality is comparable to cheaper wireless models, but the price reflects this. The ear cups fold up flat for storage, but they are not made to stay folded up for long periods of time so you will need to be careful if you want to keep them in a small bag or purse.
Buying guide for the Best Dolby Atmos Headphones
- Price: The first thing that you need to consider before buying the best Dolby atmos headphones is the price. It doesn’t have to be the most expensive option on the market, but it should offer you enough features for a decent price. If you have a limited budget but still want to enjoy great audio quality, then try searching for affordable options that offer some of the basic features such as a microphone and noise cancellation.
- Driver size: The second thing you need to look out for when buying Dolby Atmos headphones is driver size. It might seem like an irrelevant feature, but it actually makes a huge difference in sound quality and volume levels. Bigger drivers allow you to experience a fuller sound quality with a good bass response.
- Comfort: The third important feature that every good pair of Dolby Atmos headphones should have is comfort. You don’t need to buy the most expensive model on the market, but it should be comfortable enough for you to wear even during long gaming and watching sessions. The ear cushions should be soft and breathable – if they are made from leather or some other material that can cause irritation over time, then you might want to consider another option instead.
- Design: You will also want a pair of Dolby atmos headphones that have a good design. The original Beats by Dre headphones created a massive fan base thanks to its unique and stylish design, but the same can’t be said for every model. Unless you like bulky headphones that can get in the way, then you should avoid models that are also very large and bulky.
- Microphone: The last thing you need to consider when buying the best Dolby atmos headphones is the microphone. If you want to take calls with your headset on, then you will need a microphone built into it that lets you make phone calls easily, and it should also work especially well in noisy environments.
- Noise cancellation: You also don’t want to buy a pair of Dolby atmos headphones that only have noise cancellation for gaming. Whether you enjoy listening to music or watching movies, then noise cancellation is an important feature that should be present in every good pair of headphones.
Why Do I Need Special Headphones?
Most of us spend several hours a day listening to sound via headphones. If you’re listening to music, podcasts, or audiobooks during those hours, it would be useful to know if your headphones provide an accurate audio reproduction of what you’re hearing.
For many years, headphones were only capable of reproducing low-frequency sounds — basically the stuff you hear in heavy bass music and sounds. Then, a small group of technology entrepreneurs got together and created a brand new type of headphone that was not just capable of creating low-frequency sounds, but also the ones you hear when everything else is quiet. It was called Dolby Headphone.
The technology behind Dolby Headphone: Sine wave sound files are streamed to headsets through a digital audio connection to create a sound as you hear on a movie or television show in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. This system creates a virtual surround sound listening experience without the need for multiple speaker setups or peripheral hardware.
Dolby Headphone is great for creating an immersive surround sound experience at home. It works on headphones, as well as any audio system that supports a digital connection. Dolby recommends wired connections because wireless connections can cause too much noise and distortion during playback, but you can still use Bluetooth devices with a Dolby Digital decoder. The technology is ideal for those who already want to introduce a unique audio element into their movie-watching experience and want to avoid the hassle of multiple speaker setups.
How Does Dolby Headphones Work?
One of the most important pieces of the technology behind the Dolby Headphone is a device called a decoder. This piece of hardware allows you to connect your digital audio source to your headphones and speakers, and also provides the digital processing necessary to recreate the surround sound effect. This decoder is usually integrated into an audio receiver or preamp.
So it usually doesn’t require any additional equipment or software installation. Also, some brands offer optional noise-canceling headsets that help keep out extraneous noises from streaming music and other audio sources; these are especially useful for those who want their music to stand out in a noisy, distracting background.
What is the use of Dolby atmos headphones?
- 1: Supports 4K and HDR(High Dynamic Range)
- 2: Life-like surrounds virtualization technology and game simulation experience.
- 3: Dolby Atmos® technology and the W3 wireless chip to achieve excellent sound quality.
What is life-like surrounding virtualization?
Due to the fact that the number of speakers in a movie theatre is usually larger than that in a home, the sound field in a movie theatre is wider, which makes it possible for moviegoers to feel immersed. However, at home, we have limited space for equipment installation. Hence, to make a movie atmosphere at home compared to that of a cinema, there are now Dolby Atmos-compatible headphones and/or speakers on the market. Dolby Atmos is a technology that will create 3-dimensional sound from audio sources such as movies, video games, and music.
Listening to movies in a home theatre system is usually done through the use of headphones. However, the sound field in a movie theatre is approximately 20 times wider than that in your home, which means you can experience even more immersive surround sound. For this reason, we chose the best headphones for Dolby Atmos around you.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.