The kids need the perfect gaming headset to stay immersed in their game worlds. The children’s headsets are shaped to fit a kid’s head snugly for good sound quality and comfort. Headphones designed with kids in mind also prioritize mobility, so they’re easy for children to carry around with them and don’t get tangled easily. The kid’s gaming headset is designed to provide a safe, durable, and comfortable environment for children while they play their favorite games. This headset is specifically designed to fit a child’s head, and it has made-for-children features that make gaming more enjoyable, such as LEDs that light up and make sounds.
There are so many varieties of headsets on the market today, and it isn’t easy to find which one fits your needs best. Each headset has different features, such as other games or programs. Therefore, shoppers must look at the product description and consider whether they can use the gaming headset for their specific needs. One thing that should not be overlooked when purchasing a gaming headset is its noise cancellation capability. The “kids gaming headset” has a noise-canceling microphone to block background noises.
Video games often have sounds in the background, such as music or sound effects, making it hard to hear what the other players are saying to you if there is a lot of background noise in your room. A headset with good noise cancellation will help you hear what others say. Available in 15 different adorable animal designs, the earmuffs are equipped with speakers that deliver audio at an ultra-low noise level with a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. It also provides audio input of 100 mW.
Table of Contents
Best Gaming Headset for Kids
Another essential feature to look for in a “kids gaming headset” is passive noise cancellation. Passive noise cancellation means that the headset does not have any internal circuitry or power source to cancel out background noise. A good “kids gaming headset” should have passive noise-canceling technology to help block out background noises while your kid plays an activity or a game on their favorite computer.
1. SteelSeries Arctis 3 kids gaming headset
SteelSeries has been producing headsets for over 15 years. This headset was designed with the child in mind, making it as comfortable as durable. It is lightweight and comes out of the box, ready to be used immediately. It has a swivel-mounted boom microphone that can be adjusted to any position, allowing you to get a clear and accurate voice when you talk to others. The included transmitter connects to the headset and your sound card or game system. It can also connect to your Xbox One or PS4, but the Xbox version does not have volume control. The headset is designed with kids in mind, so it is large enough for eight and up children.
- It has a durable structure that is adjustable and has a large chad for space-saving.
- It comes with a cable, which can connect the transmitter and headset. It also comes with an Xbox One controller adapter that helps transmit the sounds from your computer or console to the headset.
- It has a swivel-mounted boom microphone, making it easy to move the microphone up and down if needed.
- The ear cups have padding not to feel like you are wearing a helmet.
- They are also designed with an adjustable head strap, which helps children adjust if they have different-sized heads.
- It does not have volume control.
2. Puro Sound Labs BT2200s – Headset
This gaming headset is designed to be comfortable enough for kids, but it also has Bluetooth capability so that you can connect your smartphone to it. It comes with a built-in microphone to get a more precise sound quality when talking to others. The earmuffs are made of velvet, which helps keep the headset lightweight and easy for kids to wear without feeling any pressure or pain on their heads or ears. The built-in rechargeable battery is located on the transmitter and can last up to 10 hours. It also has its carrying case, which makes it perfect for traveling with your kid.
- It allows you to connect your smartphone through Bluetooth 4.
- If you are only going to use it for gaming, this would be a good choice for you as it is small enough for children’s hands and head size.
- When you turn on the headset, you will have to pair it with your phone.
- The volume is not adjustable in the headset.
- You have to clip the USB cable every time you use the headset.
- The microphone is not noise canceling and may pick up sounds like air conditioners.
- It is slightly oversized than other headsets on this list so that it allows for more room for sound-blocking capability.
3. Riwbox CT-7S Headset for Kids
This headset is designed specifically for kids but is compatible with adults. It comes with its receiver to plug into the audio and video ports of your computer or gaming console, giving you a more precise sound quality while you play. HI-FI stereo speakers that help block out background noise so that you can hear what others are saying to help you in your games. The ear cups are also memory foam for added comfort and long hours of use.
- It has an adjustable headband that fits almost any child’s head, regardless of the size and shape.
- It is slightly heavy and bulky, but it is designed to be used easily by children.
- The sound quality of the headset is clear and crisp.
- Some kids can have trouble hearing when playing video games because of the sound systems’ loud volume.
4. BlueFire Kids Headphones for Online School
The BlueFire headset is an excellent pick for young gamers who want to play their games on the go. It has noise-cancellation technology that makes it possible to hear other players without any sound distortion. It also comes with built-in stereo speakers designed to deliver HD quality sound even when the volume is turned up high, making it a good choice for playing video games, online school, or activity games in the car. The headband adjusts easily and comfortably and is adjustable based on the user’s comfort level of wearing it.
- It has a built-in, rechargeable battery.
- It also has an adjustable headband that comfortably fits almost any child’s head.
- It has built-in stereo speakers.
- It has a noise-canceling microphone, which is also an LED night light.
- The volume is not adjustable in the headset, and they are designed with a mic that only swivels up to 90 degrees.
- There is no volume control on the headset itself, and the volume control is on the receiver instead.
- This can make it difficult for them to communicate with their team or peers without signing up for online school or talking to someone who can sign for them.
5. Meedasy Kids Adults Over-Ear Gaming Headphone
The Meedasy headset is an excellent choice for young gamers looking for comfortable enough for long-term use. It has memory foam earcups designed for long-term wear, so you don’t have to worry about the headset slipping off your child’s head or ear. It has a noise-canceling microphone and built-in stereo speakers, allowing you to hear other players without any distortion. It comes with in-line volume control to enable you to make the volume accessible from up to 30 feet away from where you’re playing. The headband can be adjusted as needed since it is also memory foam.
- It has a built-in, rechargeable battery.
- It comes with volume control that will help prevent the sound from being too loud for your child’s ears.
- It has an adjustable headband and padding on the ear cups.
- It also has noise-cancellation technology that ensures clear communication while playing online games. It is easily adjustable to fit different-sized heads comfortably.
- You can take calls simultaneously as you’re playing or listening to music or other videos by switching between calls, music, and videos with a single press of a button on your headset or remote control.
- It is slightly heavy, but it is still lightweight enough for children to wear comfortably.
- When playing music or videos with the headset, it may be difficult to hear.
- This can hinder playing online games that require communication with your team or group of peers.
How to choose the best kids gaming headset?
With so many headsets on the market today, choosing the best gaming headset for toddlers can be difficult. You also want to find a safe, comfortable, and durable headset. Here is a quick guide on how you can quickly narrow down your choices and get the best gaming headset for your child:
Make sure to purchase the headset from an authorized dealer who can ensure their products’ quality and long-term stability, especially when buying a wireless product. You should consider purchasing from an authorized dealer because this will guarantee that you are getting a high-quality product.
When buying a headset for kids, you should look at how well you can control the volume and how easy it is for your children to use. If they use them while playing video games, you should consider a wireless headset or a wired connection. The convenience of having wireless headsets alone makes them worth the extra cost that most of them will have over their wired counterparts.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.