- 1 Reset Firestick Without Remote
- 1.1 1. Disable your network
- 1.2 2. Reset your Firestick
- 1.3 3. Enable your network
- 1.4 4. Reset Firestick without remote or WiFi
- 1.5 5. Restoring your Firestick
- 1.6 6. How to Reset Fire Stick without power cable
- 1.7 7. How to Reset FireStick without remote by using alternate methods
- 1.8 8. How to reset Firestick without remote or WiFi
- 1.9 Final Verdict
- 1.10 Check also:
This post will show you How To Reset Firestick Without a Remote or WiFi. You won’t be able to reset your Firestick without a working remote or a stable Wi-Fi connection. A remote reset can be done by holding the power button and pressing the reset button at the same time. A Wi-Fi reset cannot be done without a working remote or a stable Wi-Fi connection. If you have no other option, then you should contact an expert to Reset your Firestick.
Firestick is a digital media player from Amazon. This device was launched in 2014 and is widely used by Amazon Prime subscribers. The Firestick allows users to watch TV shows, and movies and listen to music from both free and paid channels. It also has apps for streaming videos, live sports events, and other media content. To enjoy this device, you will need an Amazon Prime subscription which costs $99 a year or $9.99 a month but could be worth the money as you will get one-day shipping on eligible products just by logging into your account or paying with an Echo device (Alexa).
Check also: Best Universal Remotes for Amazon Fire TV
Reset Firestick Without Remote
- 1) Power off your TV or cable box using the included remote control or cable box power cord.
- 2) Unplug all cables from your Firestick.
- 3) Remove any unwanted USB devices that may be connected to the TV, such as keyboard and mouse, if applicable (unplugging them will not work).
- 4) Disconnect your Firestick from the HDMI port.
- 5) Pull out the power cord and wait a minute.
- 6) Reconnect the power cable to reset or plug it back in to continue using your Firestick.
- 7) Press and hold the reset button on your remote or if you don’t have a remote, use a paperclip or pen to press and hold the button for about 15 seconds.
- 8) Once you’re done, reconnect all of the cables, plug in your Firestick, and turn on your TV, then follow instructions to set up Alexa Voice Remote or pair a new one if you’ve lost it.
- 9) Restart your Firestick by pressing the Power button twice.
- 10) Your Firestick should be reset and ready to use.
1. Disable your network
First, you need to disconnect your Firestick from the network. The network reset will disconnect any connected devices, so you should use it only if you’re having problems with your Firestick and not with your Wi-Fi router. To do this, navigate to Settings → System → Network → Wi-Fi. Uncheck the box next to “Connect Automatically,” then continue to the next step.
2. Reset your Firestick
After that, hold both the “Home” and “Select” buttons for 20 to 25 seconds until the Amazon logo appears on the screen. The Fire TV Stick should now be reset.
3. Enable your network
Sign back into your WiFi by navigating to Settings → System → Network → Wi-Fi and check the box next to “Connect Automatically.” Next, restart your Firestick.
4. Reset Firestick without remote or WiFi
If you don’t want to use the 20 seconds method, you can achieve the same result by performing a factory reset on your device. This will erase all of your settings and data, so it’s recommended that you create a backup beforehand if there’s some important info on your device that you want to keep. To do this, navigate to Settings → System → Factory Reset.
5. Restoring your Firestick
Finally, you can restore your Firestick to its factory settings using the steps outlined in step 3. This is the most secure way to reset a Firestick, but there’s no guarantee that everything will go back to normal. If you do restore all of your data, make sure you read the post How To Update Apps on a Fire TV Stick before performing a factory reset.
6. How to Reset Fire Stick without power cable
If you don’t want to use the above methods, you can also achieve the same result by performing a soft reset. To do this, unplug all of your Fire TV Stick’s peripherals, except for the power cord. Then press and hold the power button on your device for at least 20 seconds until it turns off. After that, turn it back on like normal and continue setting up your device as usual. This method is not as secure as a factory reset or network reset since any data saved on your device can still be recovered using an app like ASTRO File Manager although you should be able to create a backup before performing this process.
7. How to Reset FireStick without remote by using alternate methods
In the event that you are unable to reset your device using the above-mentioned methods, there are a few alternate options available for you. If your Fire Stick model isn’t listed below, or if you need help creating an account, please check out this tutorial on how to Reset a Firestick.
8. How to reset Firestick without remote or WiFi
In the event that none of the above options work for you, or if you’re looking for a quick and easy solution to getting your Firestick up and running again, then we recommend using a third-party device like this one from Kurio. This device allows you access to all channels on your Fire Stick without the need for a remo.
Firestick is a perfect device for entertainment. The best thing about this device is that you can use it to stream content, play games, and even control the TV using the Alexa voice remote. But the problem arises when your Firestick doesn’t work or is not working properly.
No matter what the problem may be, there is one solution to all problems i.e., resetting it but how to do it? Well, we have covered all possible ways of resetting your device in detail above. If you are facing any issues related to operating this streaming stick then check out this tutorial on how to Reset a Fire Stick or follow the above-mentioned guide step by step and enjoy your device without any interruption again.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.