You’re attempting to connect an LG tv to Wi-Fi without a remote for your LG TV. You were using your device as a remote before and now you cannot. The sounds of the tv are still working through. There are two ways to accomplish this task that we will outline for you in detail below. The first way is by using your smartphone or tablet as an easy-to-use single remote replacement solution and the second way is by using universal remotes like RCA’s RC211 remote, Logitech’s Harmony app, and mydlink Home Control with a smart hub.
Check also: RCA Universal Remote Codes List
Connect an LG tv to Wi-Fi without a remote
- Step 1: Connect your smartphone or tablet to the Internet.
- Step 2: Download the free RCA remote app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Step 3: Press the RCA button.
- Step 4: Choose “RCA Smart TV”.
- Step 5: Select your device and connect to a Wifi network. The current network is always available at the bottom of the screen when on a wifi network that is compatible with your device. It may be called something like ‘Linksys’ or ‘Samsung’. If you don’t see any such options, then you will have to search for it manually – it’s easiest if you locate it on google maps and follow the directions from there.
- Step 6: Enter a password if the Wifi network has one. The password should be displayed on the television screen. If there is no password, then you will have to go back to the settings on your tv and try again to connect your device to it.
Once you are connected, you don’t have a physical remote control anymore, so you will have to use the controls on your tablet or smartphone – very important! With touch gesture movements you can change the channels and although it may take some getting used to, it’s easier than trying to figure out how your remote broke in the first place and much easier than trying all of those old-fashioned universal remotes that never seem to work when stuck with this kind of issue.
IS LG TV Remote not working?
If you want to connect to Wi-Fi, but you can’t because your remote is not working, then we have a few suggestions for you. First of all, make sure that your batteries are good. Replace them if they are not. Also, make sure that you have selected the right remote address in the settings of your tv. The address is normally 0000 unless it was changed by the installer or someone else who has worked with the settings on your television before us.
If your tv can’t find the network, then you may need to reset the network settings. If that still doesn’t fix your problem, then it may be time to call in a professional. A professional will be able to figure out what went wrong and look into it further. Connecting to a Wifi Network with Smartphone or Tablet as a Replacement for LG TV Remote Control. It is possible to connect to WiFi with smartphones or tablets as an alternative solution instead of using LG TV Remote Control.
What are the benefits of using it?
This solution is much easier than using a universal remote. It can be used for Smart HUB, Smart TV, and Blu-ray DVD players. For RCA remotes – it is compatible with only Samsung TVs and other devices without smart HUB. RCA Remote app is available for Android, Kindle Fire, and iPhone users. If you own an iPad and want to connect your LG tv to Wi-Fi without a remote, then this option probably won’t work because it has not been tested yet on that device by an RCA customer service representative.
Is Connecting easily without a remote?
Connect with your smartphone and control the tv, Blu-ray Disc, or DVD player with the “touch and swipe gestures”. It is not difficult at all, but it takes a little time to get used to it and to memorize all the gestures. RCA’s app “RCA Smart TV” offers an advantage due to the fact that only Android, Kindle Fire, and iPhone users can use this app without wifi access. For those without it, you have the option of connecting the smartphone or tablet with an Ethernet cable.
Is using a smartphone or tablet as a replacement for LG TV Remote Control legal?
Yes. You can easily connect to WiFi networks without limit, so you do not need to worry about breaking any kind of law by doing so. It is noble to use your device as an alternative solution to a lost remote. In today’s day and age, most people have smartphones and devices that allow for this kind of function, so why wouldn’t you use it as a way to save money by not having to spend extra cash on replacing a broken remote?
Check also: How to Connect Alexa to LG Smart TV?
How to Connect to Wifi with an Android Smartphone?
You will need an Android smartphone or tablet with the RCA Smart TV app downloaded onto your device. Some people may have trouble connecting their LG tv to a WiFi network without a remote, but that doesn’t mean you have no options at all. You can still use your tablet and smartphone as a way to try and connect your tv to wi-fi without a physical remote.
- Step 1: Download the RCA Smart TV app.
- Step 2: Connect your Android or iOS device to WiFi.
- Step 3: After connecting your smartphone or tablet, you will see the name of the WiFi supposed to be connected. Most likely it will say connecting, so check if that’s the case before trying out different options.
- Step 4: Once you have confirmed that your phone does indeed connect, go ahead and select from the list of available settings on your LG tv that you would like to change at all.
Connecting to WiFi using an Android smartphone is easy and gets done very quickly. However, it is not necessary to use this method of connecting if you have a physical remote control. If your remote control breaks, then try replacing it with a universal remote before trying to connect your tv to Wi-Fi through an Android tablet.