DIRECTV’s Choice XTRA Package: It is marketed as “The number one satellite provider in the US” and provides both live and recorded TV. AT&T is the owner of the satellite TV service provider DirecTV. With over 26 million members. There shouldn’t be any disputes over who gets to watch what and when with DirecTV because all of their packages include a satellite dish and the company’s Genie HD DVR. It lets users record up to five shows simultaneously and store more than 200 hours of TV.
Additionally, you receive the DirecTV App, which enables you to view live and recorded television on portable devices (over wi-fi). Even better, you can download DVR recordings to devices and watch them offline. XTRA can be the right choice if you require a little bit more coverage than what DIRECTV’s Choice Package provides. More than 235 general interest, high-quality channels are included for the All Included price of $79.99/mo.
For over a decade, XTRA has been the most popular DIRECTV package thanks to its timeless combination of many programming genres AND continued affordability. Additionally, rates always include all HD, DVR, and receiver fees (for up to 4 rooms), as is the case with any current DIRECTV plan, so you’ll never be hit with sticker shock when your first payment comes in.
Check also: DISH Add-ons: Heartland Pack
DIRECTV’s Choice XTRA Package
The most expensive DirecTV Premier bundle is $134.99 per month and offers access to 330+ channels, live out-of-market NFL games, and premium channels like HBO. Of course, DirecTV is available for far less money. You may access 160+ channels with the cost-effective Entertainment Package ($64.99 per month), which includes ESPN and NBCSN. It’s important to note that all rates are based on a 24-month commitment, and DirecTV has the right to slightly increase the cost of the package you choose after 12 months. It’s also important to note that since DirecTV is a subsidiary of AT&T, you may be eligible for up to $300 in gift cards if you combine your TV service with an internet plan from the company.
Choose a package
This is DIRECTV’s entry-level plan.
With an excellent mix of programming for families, it contains more than 150 channels. They offer networks including Disney Channel, Fox News, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and Discovery, among others. For casual viewers, it’s a good option.
The entertainment bundle contains superior sports programming if you’re a casual sports lover. It adds channels like Fox Sports, ESPN, and ESPN2 to its existing 155+ channels. If you’d prefer a little more sports on your TV menu, pick this.
The CHOICE bundle is for people who want more channel options. There are over 185 channels. There are numerous others, such as the Travel Channel, Science Channel, Nick Jr., Oprah Winfrey Network, and Game Show Network. It includes more sports networks including ESPNEWS, NFL, and MLB. For families who enjoy a variety of programming, it’s a good option.
The most popular DIRECTV package is this one. You get 230+ channels without paying a hefty premium. You can watch FXX, Nat Geo Wild, American Heroes Channel, Oxygen, and WGN America, among other channels. This improvement is also fantastic for sports fans. With channels like the NHL Network, NBA TV, CBS Sports, and the Tennis channel, there is much to watch.
This package is perfect for you if you enjoy watching movies. It offers 14 channels for movies. All STARZ ENCORE channels, The Movie Channel, Boomerang, El Rey, USA Network, and numerous others fall under this category. Change the channel if you don’t feel like watching a movie. You’ll no doubt find another channel to watch with the more than 245 channels available.
The largest bundle from DIRECTV is PREMIER PACKAGE, designed for die-hard TV fans. For fans of sports, it offers more than 325 channels, including more than 30 regional sports networks. It features more than 200 HD channels available for you to pick from if you need to watch something in high definition. The premium channels are bundled with the subscription at this level.
DIRECTV doesn’t let down ardent sports lovers. DIRECTV offers a Sports Pack in addition to their NFL Sunday Ticket. 35 of its channels feature different sports programming. It includes soccer, fly fishing, horse racing, college sports, and other activities. Additionally, the bundle includes more than 30 regional sports networks from companies including Fox Sports, Root Sports, Altitude Sports, NESN, and Comcast SportsNet.
Both small-town teams and major sporting events are covered. The college sports channels are a good place to look for your alma school. ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Goal Line, and ESPN Buzzer Beater are available. The MLB Strike Zone also offers recaps and highlights throughout the whole season.
Here’s the list of channels in their HD Extra Pack:
- Crime & Investigation
- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- HDNet Movies
- MTV Live
- Shorts TV
- Smithsonian Channel
- Sony Movie Channel
- Free streaming app: The DIRECTV app allows you to watch television shows and movies on up to five different displays, including tablets, smartphones, and televisions. In addition, you can save DVR recordings to watch shows when an internet connection is unavailable.
- Numerous sports channels: DIRECTV has access to more than 65,000 on-demand programs, including ESPN and NBC Sports, as well as live sports coverage. You will also have free access to each live football game.
- Bundled savings: You can save money by combining your AT&T Internet account and DIRECTV service. When you bundle, you’ll get access to live sports coverage, three months of HBO Max, and assistance from a qualified professional setting up your Genie HD DVR to record all of your favorite television episodes and motion pictures.
- Every DIRECTV package requires you to sign a minimum two-year contract, which means that if you change your mind about the service.
- you could be charged cancellation fees of up to $20 per month for the remaining portion of your term agreement.
- Price increases: Your plan’s cost will rise from the introductory rate after the first year of service. For instance, the price of their entertainment package would be $74.99 for the first year and $107 a month for the next.