Are you struggling with a frozen Samsung ice maker? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Our comprehensive guide on “How to Fix Samsung Ice Maker Freezing Up Issue” provides step-by-step instructions to resolve this frustrating problem. However, we understand that some of our readers may encounter unrelated issues with their Samsung TVs or other devices. If you’re facing remote control problems or need Samsung universal remote codes, we have a dedicated article just for that!
It’s irritating when your ice maker stops producing ice, but there are steps you can take to get it working again in a short amount of time. You need to perform a forced thaw because the ice machine is likely simply iced over. Thankfully, you can accomplish this by pressing a few buttons. In this article, we’ll show you how to reset and defrost your Samsung ice maker so you can quickly enjoy an icy beverage.
Table of Contents
Samsung Ice Maker Freezing Issue – Solve it
Is your Samsung refrigerator’s ice maker giving you a headache by constantly freezing up? Don’t worry; there’s a simple solution! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of forcing the defrost mode on your Samsung ice maker.
Ice buildup in the ice maker can hinder its performance and lead to malfunctioning, resulting in fewer ice cubes or, even worse, no ice at all. While a professional technician can help, you don’t always need to call for external assistance. By learning how to activate the defrost mode on your own, you can save time and money while resolving the issue quickly.
First Reset the Ice Maker
The ice maker ought to automatically thaw once you reset it or “test” it. To remove the ice bucket, open the refrigerator. Then, locate the reset button on the ice maker’s top right and depress it for 5 seconds. The reset will begin with a chime. Place the ice bucket back where it was so it can capture the ice that the maker will soon dump.
- It’s possible that the reset button will be marked with the word “Test.” If your Samsung ice maker’s reset button isn’t on the top right corner, look at the bottom.
- Check for a bucket release button or lever that your particular unit might feature if the ice bucket is frozen or jammed in position before gently wiggling its warranty.
- You could unknowingly disrupt the extensive circuitry in Samsung refrigerators.
If the reset fails to function, enter the interface for the ice maker.
You can access the interface’s options by holding down two buttons. For 8 seconds, simultaneously hold down the “power freeze” and “fridge” buttons on a tabletop model. Press the “freezer” and “lighting” buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds if your model is a dispenser. When the screen blacks out and there is a beep, release the buttons.
Perform the forced freezer defrost.
- When you see “FD,” press the “lighting” button to cycle through the other options. Afterward, choose this choice (short for “forced freezer defrost”).
- The ice that has accumulated in the ice maker compartment will all be melted during a forced freezer defrost, which may be what is causing the ice maker to cease functioning properly.
- You may cycle through the choices on various Samsung devices by pressing any button on the UI.
- Do not stop at “RD,” which stands for “forced refrigerator defrosts.”
If the ice maker doesn’t function, call for service.
- You can get expert updates and troubleshooting from Samsung. Call 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) if the ice maker still won’t produce ice after you’ve reset it and forced a reset. Don’t try manually defrosting the ice maker if it keeps breaking down because it may need a firmware upgrade.
- The fridge will need to be connected to Samsung’s SmartThings if it is a Family Hub refrigerator, and the firmware will update automatically after that.
- Every day from 8 am to 12 am EST, customer service is accessible.
- In order to contact customer assistance, you can also text “HELP” to 62913.
To summarize, from the above-mentioned article we have seen all the possible troubleshooting techniques of Samsung Ice Maker Freezing Up.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.