LG Freezer is not working freezing? : Imagine this, it is a hot Sunday afternoon, and you are feeling the heat too much. You have had a good lunch, but now you want something more cool and sweet. So, you decide to go up to your freezer and scoop out your favorite butterscotch ice cream, but to your surprise, you see that all the ice cream has melted away; furious, you check the freezer, and you find that your freezer is not freezing anymore.
LG Freezer is Not Freezing?
Now, distressed, you think of calling the serviceman, but since it is a Sunday, the serviceman would not come, so you go on the internet and start looking for solutions; that is where this article pops up to save you. So do not worry; we have got a few ways in which you can repair your fridge yourself and get back to enjoying your favorite ice cream.
Check also: Lg Universal Remote Codes
First, you need to check a few things:
Condenser fan motor
Your refrigerator’s fan motor helps to circulate excess heat over condenser coils, keeping them defrosted. The refrigerator may well not freeze if, indeed, the ventilator fails. The cooling fan motor may be checked as follows:
- Pull the refrigerator up to reach the rear panel after turning off the refrigerator at the wall.
- To access the motor, take off the bottom rear panel.
- See if you can physically spin the fan by finding the fan motor.
- The fan is probably OK if it can revolve entirely without being obstructed, and you may continue to examine the following part.
- If you cannot spin it around, you may check its motor for continuation using a voltmeter (you will need first to unhook all cables attached to it).
- It will have to be changed if it lacks consistency.
- After being changed, reassemble your refrigerator, switch on the electricity, and check to see whether the issue has been resolved (To find out, you’ll have to wait a few hours.). If not, check the following component.
Temperature control board
The compressor and fan motors in your freezer receive the necessary electricity from the temperature control board. Your freezer may cease properly freezing if it develops a malfunction. Your best course of action is to replace this thermal management chip because it is challenging to test. Consider changing your thermal management chip if you’ve already examined the other components on the above list to see if it resolves the issue.
To ensure proper compressor operation, the start relay collaborates with the start winding. Your freezer may fail to freeze if it develops a problem. The start relay may be checked as follows:
- Verify that the refrigerator unit’s electricity is still off.
- Move your fridge unit away from the wall if you haven’t previously so you can get to the rear of it.
- Find the starter circuit (If required, see your handbook).
- Check the continuity of the start relay with a multimeter.
- Check whether the start relay isn’t emitting a burning smell if the continuity test indicates it is. Continue to the following step if it is functioning well and emitting no burning odour. It must be changed if there is no continuity or if you notice a burning smell emanating from it.
- After being changed, reassemble your refrigerator, switch on the electricity, and check to see whether the issue has been resolved (To discover it, you’ll have to wait a few hours.) If not, check the following component.
Principal Control Board
If you’ve exhausted all other possibilities and still can’t figure out why your freezer won’t freeze, your only remaining choice is to swap out the primary control board. You could be better off buying a new refrigerator because changing its overall control is rather costly and not a guarantee to fix the issue.
The condenser coils are the ideal area to examine first. When refrigerant passes through the coils, heat is released from them. Your freezer will be unable to chill correctly if it becomes unclean or frozen.
The condenser coils may be checked as follows:
- Turn off the refrigerator unit’s electricity.
- Your refrigerator may be removed from the wall.
- The lower back panel was removed (If there is one on the fridge machine).
- Find the coils for the condenser.
- Please make sure the coils are clean and free of ice by inspecting them. If they’re filthy, thoroughly clean them. Keep your freezer off if it has frozen so the contents may thaw. Continue inspecting the next component if they are not unclean or frozen.
- Reassemble your refrigerator after cleaning or defrosting, switch on the power, and determine whether the issue has been resolved (To find out, you’ll have to wait a few hours). If not, check the following component.
Thermostat for regulating temperature
The evaporator fan motor, compressor, and, if your refrigerator has one, the condenser fan motor, receive the appropriate amount of electricity from the temperature control thermostat, which constantly monitors the temperature in your freezer. Your freezer can stop freezing if it develops a problem.
The thermostat for temperature control may be checked as follows:
- Look inside the refrigerator for the thermostat.
- Check whether you can hear the thermostat clicking as you move it between the minimum to the maximum setting. You can go to the following stage If a clicking sound may be echoed, which indicates that everything is operating as it should.
- Use a metre to check the thermostats for connectivity if you don’t hear a click.
- If the test results are in continuity, everything is in order, and you may proceed to the following action. It will have to be changed if it lacks continuity.
- After being changed, reassemble your refrigerator, switch on the electricity, and check to see whether the issue has been resolved (You’ll have to wait a few hours). If not, check the other essential components.
So, these are a few ways to be implemented if your LG freezer is not freezing. I hope, this article helped to who are looking the solve the issue.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.