Https aka ms remoteconnect account: Minecraft is one of the most popular games. It is available to play on various platforms like PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo. To link your gameplay across different devices and platforms altogether, you can use the site https://aka.ms/remoteconnect. You can access other platforms or devices such as consoles through this website. This allows Minecraft crossplay, which will enable you to play Minecraft across different devices such as PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch lite Xbox One/Series X/Series S consoles.
Check also: Not Working TCL Roku Remote?
Table of Contents
https aka ms remoteconnect account
The aka.ms/remoteconnect is also seen as an error when you try to play Minecraft on a gaming console Other than your PC. The aka.ms/remoteconnect link is displayed below the error message, and a code is displayed below it. The error mainly occurs due to playing Minecraft on various platforms.
If you want to play Minecraft on other supportive consoles, an active Xbox live account is needed. It is possible only if you have an authorized Microsoft account. After this, the remote connect error message will be displayed on your screen as follows:
“Signing to Microsoft account will permanently associate it with your current account for PlayStation(or Nintendo Switch or Xbox). Use your existing Microsoft account if you already have one. Choose your Microsoft account as it is a one-time process and cannot be edited, changed, or altered in future.
- Visit this website on another device: https://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- And enter this code: [The code will be given here].”
- There might be some more things written too, but the exact content solely depends upon which device or console you are using.
What causes the remote connect error message to pop up on the screen?
The error can be displayed due to primary two reasons.
- If you have not associated your Minecraft account with your Microsoft account, then you attempt to play it on another device or console that does not support Microsoft, such as PlayStation or Nintendo.
- If you have recently switched on a new device that does not already have your Microsoft account signed in. For example, switching from an Xbox console to a PlayStation console or a Nintendo console.
This can also happen if your Minecraft game files are corrupted.
How to fix the remoteconnenct error?
There are numerous ways to solve the error depending upon what device you are playing Minecraft on. In the first place, you should have a Microsoft account. So if you do not have a Microsoft account, make one at: https://account.microsoft.com/.
Now click on create a Microsoft account. In some cases creating a new account can also solve the error if there is a compatibility issue between the device you are using and the Microsoft account.
If you already have an existing Microsoft account and the error tells you to enter a code at the website, then click on the Next button, and you should be able to connect to the Microsoft account.
If the above two solutions do not work in any circumstances, your game files might have corrupted data. It is essential to fix it first because it involves deleting earlier game files and your progress in the games being lost. You can do this from System Settings>Storage>Game Storage>Minecraft.
Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account to play Minecraft?
You can play Minecraft without connecting it with your Microsoft account. If you want to play online multiplayer or across another platform, then it is mandatory to link your game account with your Microsoft account. This is because Microsoft owns the company that develops Minecraft (Mojang studios) via Xbox game studios.
What to do if you are facing issues with the Aka Ms remoteconnect website itself?
If you have difficulties in dealing with the remote connect service, there are some things that you can try to regulate. You can first check if the issue is with your internet connection rather than the site. If the issue is with the internet, you can troubleshoot it by contacting your ISP.
If this site is loading properly and you can enter the code, but if it cannot connect your device, double-check the given code. Make sure that there are no typing errors as well.
How to set up an Xbox console for Minecraft crossplay?
This is the easiest console to set up Minecraft with. Usually, while setting up Minecraft with another console, connect it with Microsoft account with Xbox live. But the Xbox users already have a Microsoft account linked with the Xbox live for using the console. If you’re new to Xbox and do not own a Microsoft account, you should create a Microsoft account, and then after linking it to Minecraft, you can utilize the Minecraft crossplay features.
How do you set up Minecraft crossplay on the PlayStation consoles?
For this, firstly, you need to purchase the game for the console and have it connected with an active internet connection. You should have a second internet-connected device that can access the web and, most importantly, a Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, you have to create one.
If you do not own Minecraft yet, you can purchase it from the store on the PlayStation digitally, or you can also buy the physical disc of Minecraft from nearby game stores.
Upon starting Minecraft, you will be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account and display an explanation indicating the benefits of signing up with your Microsoft account. Then eventually, as you follow up on the steps displayed, you will be requested to visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
You will have to visit the website using another device. You can use any device such as a smartphone, computer, laptop, or tablet. After visiting the website, you need to enter the code displayed on the PlayStation console and click next. After performing the steps indicated, you should successfully link your Minecraft account with the Microsoft account on your PlayStation console.
After this, you should be able to see a confirmation message on the console screen indicating the successful connection of your Xbox Live profile with your Minecraft account. After this, you can finally enjoy the Minecraft crossplay features on your PlayStation console.
Setting up Minecraft crossplay for Nintendo switch console
It is similar to the setup for the PlayStation console. You’ll need an active internet connection and then link your Minecraft account with your Microsoft account.
The switch will then tell you to go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect and enter the code displayed on the screen. After you do that and follow up the steps, you successfully link your Microsoft account and can enjoy the Minecraft crossplay features.
It is to be noted that crossplay is not available on Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition. It is unavailable on the eShop and has been replaced by simply regular Minecraft.
Setting up Minecraft crossplay on an Android or IOS phone
In the case of smartphones, you need to purchase the game from the play store or the Appstore and then sign in to the Microsoft account. When you launch the game, it will show a button reading Microsoft account. Tap on the button, which will take you to the log-in/sign-in page. Once you sign in, you can enjoy the crossplay features on the phone as well.
NOTE: If you have installed Minecraft illegally, that is, if the game is pirated, then it will not support the cross-play and online multiplayer features. Therefore, you must have an authorized bedrock or Java version of Minecraft to enjoy the crossplay and multiplayer features.
How to start a crossplay session in Minecraft?
You can begin a Minecraft crossplay session by simply inviting your friend to your session. On some consoles, you might need to check the game settings. You have to go to the game settings and go to “Configure online gameplay”. If the option is not visible, then crossplay is automatically enabled.
After completing all the above steps and confirming that the settings are alright, You can start inviting your friends to play along. After pressing the start button, you can find an option to invite your friends to play along. You can also join a friend’s active session by going to the ‘friends’ tab and looking into the ‘joinable Cross-platform Friends’. It will display a list of sessions that you can join. You can also ask a friend to invite you to the session. The Minecraft Realms feature can also access the crossplay feature. In the realm feature, the player organizing the realm need not be online. Other players can play on the Minecraft realm even with the offline organizing player. If you accidentally quit the realm section, you can join anytime from the joinable realms section in the friend’s tab. Also, Realms has a limit of 11 players, so Minecraft realms with a total limit might not show in the list.
A quick guide to creating Minecraft Crossplay games
- Choose ‘play’ from the main menu.
- Select Create a new world
- Go to the multiplayer section
- Check and confirm that multiplayer is enabled.
- Click or tap on create when everything is ready.
- Your Minecraft world will begin and be open to other players.
Are Minecraft dungeons considered cross-platform?
Minecraft dungeons are considered cross-platform too. You need to update to the free Minecraft cross-platform play update. Then you can play with your friends no matter what console or platform they are playing on. Ensure your game is updated to version 184.108.40.206 or later before playing Minecraft multiplayer.
Minecraft servers are also accessible cross-platform. These are player or business-owned servers where a large number of players can play together online. It is one of the most popular modes of Minecraft around the globe. The server operators manage the servers that can change the in-game settings such as time, weather, etc. While some servers are open to all that is with a given server link, anyone can join the server to play the game, while some servers are private and invite only those players who can join whom the server owner invites. One of the most popular Minecraft servers is Hypixel.
A quick summary of the remoteconnect fix
- Aka ms/remoteconnect is used to set up cross-play in Minecraft among different consoles.
- Most importantly, you should have a Microsoft account with which you have to link your Minecraft account or Xbox live account. If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can create one by going to https://account.microsoft.com/.
- Once you have a Microsoft account, launch the game on your console and proceed to sign up with your Microsoft account.
- After signing up, a dialogue box with a code on the screen will be displayed.
- Using another device, go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect, enter the code into the given space, and follow the steps as indicated. (If you are setting up the crossplay on an android or IOS phone, then you can do it on the same device itself.)
- Once you do this, wait for a confirmation message on the game screen on your console. Once it displays the Minecraft setup as successful, you’re good to play Minecraft along with your friends.
A quick summary of how to crossplay Minecraft with your friends
- You must first create a new Minecraft world and enable multiplayer in the internal settings of the game.
- After this, you can invite your friends to play in the world you created.
- You can also ask your friend to invite you to their own created world.
- You can also use crossplay online via realms, dungeons, or Minecraft servers.
- You can join realms under the friends’ tab. Note that Realms has a limit of 11 players only. You can also create your realm.
- You can either create your server or join different servers through their links or invites.
- If you have pirated versions of Minecraft, crossplay or online multiplayer cannot be accessed.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.