Facebook Messenger not working: Is your messenger not working? what might be the reason? Do you know that we can fix it? Your questions will be addressed here. As you are here, we understood that there is trouble with your messenger. We have gathered all the information that will help you resolve the issue. Scroll down to know 7 ways to overcome this issue.
Meta Platforms created the instant messaging application Messenger. Messenger is of the most used communication tools right now. But like any other device, it does have certain flaws and occasionally has trouble turning on or functioning. Let’s talk about them.
It can be annoying when you open your phone and Facebook Messenger isn’t functioning. You’ll want to return to Messenger as soon as you can because you might miss crucial communications from your friends or relatives.
Check also: Www.HomeDepot.Com/Survey
No concern is needed as we will assist you. The identical issue is being faced by many other people. We have developed a few remedies to perhaps lessen the problem. Let’s first look at the problems that are causing Messenger to malfunction before moving on to the solutions.
Table of Contents
Why is Facebook Messenger not Working?
The following are the reasons why :
- Technical glitches
- issue with the app.
- The messenger is not updated.
- Improper connections.
- Phone-related troubles.
SOLUTIONS TO FIX YOUR MESSENGER NOT WORKING
To reduce your burden of searching for solutions, we have compiled a list of all possible solutions to fix messenger not working. Try to go to the next fix if the current one doesn’t work. Here they are:
1. CHECK THE INTERNET CONNECTION
When attempting to use Facebook Messenger, many users have reported seeing an error message that reads, “Please verify your internet connection and try again.” Examine your internet speed to resolve the Messenger no internet connection problem.
If you have a router at home, check it. Or if you’re using mobile data turn it on and off. There won’t be another internet connection problem after it fixes the problem.
2. RESTART YOUR PHONE
The simplest solution is to restart your phone when Messenger stops functioning on your iPhone. This will sporadically correct bugs that could be harming the Messenger app.
For Android users:
- Release the power button after holding it for 1-2 seconds till the power options menu comes on the phone.
- Select the Restart or Power Off option.
For iPhone users:
- Press and hold the device’s power button until the message “slide to power off” appears on the screen. On more recent models, you must simultaneously push the power and volume up buttons.
- Swipe the power symbol on your iPhone from left to right to turn it off.
3. CLEAR CACHE
The cache file may become corrupted or become out of control, resulting in the “Facebook Messenger down” problem. Although the cache enables your apps to temporarily store some data, you should erase it if it’s having issues with the Messenger app.
If you are an Android user:
- Open Settings and then Select apps.
- choose Manage Apps from the menu, then select Messenger App.
- tap Storage then chooses Clear Cache. The cache will then be cleared.
For iPhone users:
- Select General from the iPhone settings menu.
- Open iPhone Storage, and search for the app(messenger).
- choose the messenger and click on the Offload App button.
- Reinstall Messenger once more.
4. UPDATE MESSENGER TO THE LATEST VERSION
Was Messenger upgraded recently? It’s crucial to update your Messenger application. When something isn’t working, installing the most recent version might assist to address the issue.
For Android users:
- launch the Google Playstore application. Then tap on the profile in the right side top corner.
- select “Manage apps and device.”
- Choose Messenger to update after clicking on updates available.
- There are no updates available if Messenger is unavailable.
For iPhone users:
- Accessed the App Store.
- On the Updates tab on the right side bottom, click.
- In the list of available updates, scroll down to the Messenger section.
- The app does not have an update available if Messenger is not shown in the area for available updates.
- Press the Update key.
5. FORCE QUIT THE MESSENGER APP
Sometimes your phone doesn’t actually terminate the app when you close it and return to the Home screen; the app continues to operate in the background. It can be like “pausing” an app. Force quitting is probably the best course of action if your messenger isn’t functioning. When you do this, the app actually closes, and when you reopen it, it loads from scratch.
Android users should:
- Go to Settings.
- Apps or Apps & Notifications should be selected as the next step.
- To view all open apps, you would need to choose to See all apps.
- look for the messenger app and select the Force Stop option.
- By choosing OK, you confirm your choice.
- Reopen the messenger to restart the app.
For iPhone users:
- Open the App Switcher on an iPhone.
- Slide right to find the app, then swipe up on the app.
- Tap the messenger on the Home Screen to restart the app.
6. UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL
Here is yet another solution to avoid the trouble. Uninstalling the app followed by reinstalling can resolve most of the issues. Here is how you do it:
- choose Apps & Notifications from the Settings icon.
- Look for the Messenger icon; if you can’t, click See All Apps. Select Uninstall by tapping it.
- Install the Messenger app from the Play Store once again.
For an iPhone:
- Simply click down on the app for a while to have an x appear over it.
- If you click the x, a question about deleting the app will appear.
- Verify your want to delete it.
- Reinstall Messenger from the App Store.
7. WAIT FOR 48 HOURS
Let’s consider that the above-mentioned fixes didn’t sort the issue, then the problem is not from your end. There is a significant chance that Messenger’s server is down or the app is experiencing a technical issue. This also enables the app to work.
The Messenger team is attempting to fix it. Wait for a while as you won’t be without Messenger for very long, and then you can use it.
- If you have followed all the other suggestions in this article for troubleshooting and Messenger is still not functioning, you may need to take your phone to a technician for assistance. This will be the only viable option left to resolve the issue. For them to offer you any further solutions, also let them know what you’ve previously tried.
Ending, whatever the source, one thing is always constant: this problem substantially reduces productivity and demands immediate attention. Through this post, we discussed a common issue. The solutions that will be helpful were discussed above. We sincerely hope that you found this article on Facebook messenger not working to be helpful and would appreciate it if you visited us again soon to learn more.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.