Why is ShowBox App Not Working: Despite the growing popularity and use of the ShowBox app, there have been many incidents where users have complained that the app is not working properly or just stopped working. This write-up will help you to know why your ShowBox app is not working while providing you with some reliable solutions. ShowBox is an android app that shows the latest shows and movies. It has been made to function according to the current and updated database of movies, shows, serials, dramas, etc.
It will provide all the required information about the upcoming content, casts, synopsis, crew, and others. You can watch shows of a genre similar to what you like through its recommendation. You need to save your favorite content offline by binge-watching. With the help of this application, you can watch TV production and feature films free of charge on different handsets.
Check also; RCA Universal Remote Codes
Why is Showbox App Not Working on PC
Often the ShowBox app doesn’t load properly and shows a blank screen to the user. This happens for numerous purposes, some of which have been discussed below:
Bad Application Cache
This is one of the most common causes of why the ShowBox app suddenly stops working in the middle of being used.
An application stores data and other information in the phone’s cache. They access it whenever they need it. However, if this cache gets corrupted, it will cause problems to the application, such as making it not function properly and other serious issues.
Rear Servers are Not Functioning
This is another cause as to why the ShowBox application is not working on your device: the rear servers are functionally down, becoming inaccessible.
This application is banned in many countries worldwide, so this problem is widespread globally.
Application Installation Files are Already Corrupt
If you are an active user of the ShowBox app, you might be knowledgeable about its installation process. One cannot directly install it through the Android play store. Instead, you need to allow access to the installation of third-party applications. After which, you will be capable of situating it via an external source.
So, during this process, if the installation files get corrupted for a new reason, then also the application will not work.
Limeplayer is out of coordination
Limeplayer helps to play videos on ShowBox.
So, if the Limeplayer is outdated or is not ready to open the videos, the ShowBox app will not work.
Sometimes, the application is outdated and may not work as it should.
The application developers give the solution to update the application to the latest version so it can work smoothly without any hindrance.
Accessibility has been blocked
The ShowBox app is prohibited in many nations. So, it might be possible that your ISP is blocking the requests continuously, which means you cannot stream the content.
So, if you are living in one such country, then try to watch content on ShowBox with the help of a VPN.
How to Resolve the ShowBox App Not Working Error?
Before trying on the solutions, ensure active internet connectivity. Also, save all your work, as your device might restart during this process.
Clear the Application Cache
As discussed earlier, the application cache contains all the information required to run an application per your interests.
When they become corrupt, they do not work properly. To sort out this issue, go through the given steps.
- Step 1: Click on Settings and open Apps.
- Step 2: Navigate the ShowBox app. After finding it, click on storage or storage usage.
- Step 3: Then, you will find a column named Cache. There, you will discover the Clear Cache option.
- Step 4: Click on it, and your cache will be clear.
- Step 5: Apply this process from time to time so that this issue doesn’t even arise.
Checking the Rear Servers
- ShowBox rear servers are usually down from time to time due to some maintenance issue.
- You can also check on the forums to know whether other users are facing a similar problem. If so, then the servers are mainly not working.
- Thus, this issue can be resolved only by waiting for a day or two. Otherwise, you can also look up its alternatives.
Update the LimePlayer
If you have an updated version of the ShowBox app, try to update the LimePlayer as ShowBox prompts you to use the LimePlayer to watch any video.
So, to update the LimePlayer, you can find it in the Play Store. Find the app, click on the update status, and your app will be updated.
If all the mentioned remedies don’t operate for you, you can delete the application to reinstall it. This will resolve all kinds of issues in the application.
To reinstall it,
- Step 1: First, uninstall the app. Go to settings, choose Apps, and find the ShowBox app.
- Step 2: Now, you will see the uninstall option on the right-hand side. So, uninstall it.
- Step 3: Now that you have uninstalled it. It’s time to install it again.
- Step 4: Go to the Play Store. Search for the ShowBox app, and click on install.
- Step 5: Your app will be reinstalled. But make sure to check it if it is still showing any problems.
Use of VPN
- If you are not able to access the ShowBox app, then the use of a VPN can help you to do so.
- With the help of a VPN, you can spoof your ISP, which will help you access the application with a false location.
- This will help to access the application without any barriers.
We hope that this article has assisted you in settling the issue of ShowBox not working correctly. There may be different reasons for its not working properly, along with which the solution may vary. So, go through this write-up, and you will be able to sort out this problem.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.