Are you having trouble activating your new SIM card because it says “SIM not provisioned MM#2 Errors”? Annoying as it may be, fixing the “SIM not provisioned MM2” fault is clear-cut. Are you trying to switch SIM cards but getting an error message instead? What does the “SIM not provisioned MM2” fault mean, and how do I fix it? In this piece, we’ll show you how to fix the SIM card error you’re having and show you how to keep it from happening again.
Check also: SKSE64 Not Working
When a SIM Not Provisioned MM#2 Error
Identifying your cell phone account through data stored on your SIM card is possible. You can have your phone recognized as yours on the cellular network by using the SIM card (thanks to the IMEI number). It lets you admittance the web on the go and formulate phone calls.
The description of “provisioned” will assist you in appreciating why your phone is showing a “SIM not provisioned” error message. The term “provision” refers to the supply or provision of an item. It is no longer provisioned if your SIM card cannot exchange data with your mobile network provider.
Users who need to provision a new SIM card should only see the “SIM not provisioned” error. If this happens outside of these times, it may be a sign that your SIM card is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.
In some cases, the motive of the “SIM card not provisioned MM2” error is due to the following:
You contain a new cell phone requiring a new SIM card. A new SIM card necessitates the migration of your contact list.
- The server for your mobile network is down (the Apple server for iPhone users also needs to be operational).
- The SIM card might be in the wrong slot.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may see different SIM error messages. When inserted into a dissimilar tool, the “SIM not valid” message will be displayed if the SIM card is locked to a specific phone. The SIM card can be unlocked to be used in any GSM phone.
So in Depth, what does the “SIM Not Provisioned for Voice” error message depicts?
The message “SIM not provisioned for the voice” appears more often, becoming a problem. Google Pixel devices and other gadgets use Google’s hybrid mobile and Wi-Fi network. Google If is susceptible to this issue. However, there are instances when other carriers and smartphones exhibit the “SIM not provisioned for tone” error.
What does it signify when it says, “SIM is not provisioned for Voice?”
A “SIM not provisioned for, say” blunder note on your phone usually indicates that you cannot make voice calls. If your line has been disconnected from your carrier account, this will likely be the cause.
What Does It Mean When an Error Says “SIM 2 Not Provisioned”?
The use of a dual-SIM phone is almost certainly the cause of the “SIM not provisioned” error if a number is included in the message. There is a numerical value assigned to each slot, so messages like “SIM 1 not provisioned” and “SIM 2 not provisioned” are possible.
Solutions to “SIM Not Provisioned” Errors
- If you’re getting “SIM not provisioned” notifications on your Android, try re-enabling your SIM card.
- Improve Carrier Services by Updating
- An application also manages the phone’s interactions with wireless networks.
- One such Google app that comes standard on Android is Carrier Services, and it’s constantly improved with new features. Carrier Services may be at fault if you keep getting the “SIM card not provisioned MM#2” error even after trying a different phone and SIM card.
- First, launch Google Play.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu by tapping your profile picture.
- Select Apps & Devices Management.
- Select Updates available from the menu. For further explanation, please view the following:
- Position Carrier Services.
- Appear for the Update button
If you don’t see Carrier Services here, something else triggers the SIM not provisioned error.
Turn on and off airplane mode. Turning off cellular data connections on the mobile device is one possible solution to the “SIM not provisioned MM2” problem.
With the tap of a button, you can put your phone into Airplane Mode and block all incoming calls and notifications. Turning on Airplane Mode removes mobile data and basic cellular connections; turning it off again will allow you to make a new connection and hopefully fix the SIM not provisioned error.
If you desire to place your Android appliance into “Airplane Mode,” do the following
- Use two fingers to hit downwards from the top of the display
- Select Airplane Mode from the Quick Settings screen.
- Be patient for the transition (just a few seconds)
- If you want to undo something, do steps 1 and 1. Third, power down your device and restart it.
It’s counterintuitive, but turn-off your phone can patch up the SIM not provisioned error. Start by doing a standard reboot of the device, then wait. After waiting a short while, the error message should disappear, and your SIM card should be ready to use.
It’s important to follow the instructions for inserting the SIM card properly. If the SIM card has been activated and the network is not at fault, the problem may be caused by a SIM that is not the correct size. Either the SIM card’s shape is causing issues, or the SIM card slot is poorly designed (or caddy).
Turn off the mobile and show the SIM card to see if it is correctly seated. The SIM license can be accessed by gapping the back panel of an older or less expensive phone. To acquire the SIM card slit, you have to acquire the battery.
The SIM card slot is typically on the side of high-end smartphones or non-removable battery models. The SIM card will be housed in a small caddy; you will need a SIM eject tool to remove it. To remove the SIM card from your phone, locate the tiny hole along one of its sides and insert the tool.
The common instance, a SIM card will be activated once it’s been put in a new phone, usually within 24 hours. In the occasion that this doesn’t happen, there are typically three ways to force activation:
- Dial an in-house machine.
- Text a friend
- Access the carrier’s online activation page by entering your login details.
These choices are fast and easy, but only if the carrier allows them. You should now be able to use your SIM card normally without encountering the “SIM not provisioned” error.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.