This article will explain how to resolve the ‘Message Blocking Is Active’ issue on Android and iPhone. I have revised this tutorial and will do my best to ensure that you understand it. I hope you like my blog post on How To Fix ‘Message Blocking Is Active’ Issue In Android And iPhone. It is a bit annoying to face issues with the Messages app on your phone. For some time now, I have been seeing a lot of posts.
Check also: Xfinity Universal Remote Codes
People have discussed how to fix the ‘Message Blocking Is Active’ issue in Android and iPhone. But, trust me this is quite normal and you will be able to fix it. There are a few reasons that could cause this problem. I myself faced this issue on my Android device and I was quite frustrated with it for the first time. Here’s how I fixed the problem.
How to Fix the “Message blocking is active” Problem on Android and iPhone?
1. Check coverage
- First of all, you need to check whether your issue is related to the message blocking feature. Go to the Verizon Messages page and select About. Then click on Coverage Checker. After that, the system will do a test and try to send a text message via voice signal or data signal to your current location. If it succeeds in delivering the message to you then it means that your account is not blocked. However, if it fails then it means that there are some issues with your account, and further troubleshooting is needed such as deleting messages in Verizon accounts that have already been sent as they could be blocking messages from being delivered on Android devices or iPhones.
2. Turn off message blocking
- Once you have confirmed that your account has message blocking enabled, then there is nothing to worry about. Verizon helps you disable it easily. Here are the steps on how to do this. Follow these steps:
- On your Android device or iPhone, go to the Messages App. Once you are there, click on ‘More’.
- Then click on Settings and Select Blocked Messages. Now you will be able to see the list of blocked messages in your account. Once all of them are deleted from this list then restart the device and check if any messages were delivered to your Android phone or iPhone or not until now.
3. Turn off message blocking for just the current number
- If you are not sure that message blocking is enabled in your account but you want to be sure that the problem is not coming from this then you can try to turn off message blocking for just the current number. Here are the steps on how to do this. Follow these steps:
- On your Android device or iPhone, Go to Advanced Settings and then select Blocked Numbers. Once you are there, click on Add New number or Edit Existing numbers. Now enter the phone number or edit any existing number and select ‘Block Messages From This Number’.
4. Do a hard factory reset
- If you think that this is causing the problem then you can try to do a hard factory reset. Here are the steps on how to do this: On your Android device or iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and select Factory data reset. Wait for a while and the device will go through a series of steps and it will ask you whether it should delete all of your data.
- Click ‘Forget this phone’ once you are done with the process and it will restart your Android device or iOS device. Do not worry as there is no data in the devices which can be restored as long as they were not recovered from any backup files or emails about this phone.
5. Restart the process
- If the above steps have not helped you in fixing this issue then you can try to restart the process again by doing another factory data reset on Android and iPhone. Here are the steps on how to do this: On your Android device or iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and select Factory data reset.
- Wait for a while and the device will go through a series of steps and it will ask you whether it should delete all of your data. Don’t worry as there is no data in the devices which can be restored as long as they were not recovered from any backup files or emails about this phone.
How do you know whether message blocking is enabled?
1. Problems with shortcodes
If you have problems, like the messages are being cut or there are overlapping or other similar issues then this is the best place to start. You can check if message blocking is enabled in your account.
2. Messages that are not delivered
If you are receiving a message notification and your device doesn’t show the message at all, then it means that the issue has something to do with sending messages from your side which is not okay especially if you need someone to send a message for you.
3. Problems with data plans
If you are using a mobile carrier company and you face any problem with the data plan. Then this could also be the reason for your ‘Message Blocking Is Active’ issue.
4. Issues with messages
While you are sending messages and they are not getting delivered to the recipient’s device, then this means that the message blocking is enabled in your account.
5. Problems with Verizon Messages App
Your problems will be resolved if your issue is related to the Verizon Messages App. The app that is provided by the phone provider does not work properly sometimes hence if you face issues in it, then this could be the reason for the ‘Message Blocking Is Active’ problem in Android or iPhone.
As you can see these are the various possible solutions that you can try to fix this problem if your device is facing it. Even though the above method is not a “fix Message Blocking is Active” it could be helpful in getting rid of the problem. You can follow these steps and check if you have any issues left or not for further troubleshooting.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.