We can’t go a day without hearing, seeing, or reading about the latest WIFI gadgets. We look at reviews of these latest and greatest products and lament how our current phone is so outdated. But there are some timeless gadgets that we are always happy to come back to. The best wireless speaker for TV is one that connects via Bluetooth so no line of sight is necessary to stream music around the house. This wireless speaker should have an AUX-in port as well so that you can connect any device to play music through the speaker.
Check also: Best 75 Inch TV
Best Wireless Speakers
There are lots of options available in this category but we are going to narrow it down a bit more by focusing on our favorite features: Sound quality and battery life. More specifically good sound quality and long-lasting battery life.
Let’s start out with sound. We have narrowed our list down to the most notable options in this category:
1. Sonos – Playbar Soundbar Wireless Speaker
The Sonos Playbar Soundbar Wireless Speaker is the best home theatre sound system available. Its sleek design; its capability to be wall-mounted or put on a TV stand makes it tough to beat. This speaker is capable of filling an entire room with a warm and crisp sound without any effort. It is easy to set up and has an app that makes controlling the speaker from your phone intuitive.
- Excellent sound quality.
- Wall mountable or can be used on built-in speaker stands.
- Completely wireless.
- No line of sight is needed for streaming music around the house.
- Large footprint so may not fit well in tight spaces; also because of its size it can be heavy on your TV stand if you don’t put something underneath it to support it.
2. Yamaha YAS-209 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
The Yamaha YAS-209 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer is an excellent choice if you are looking for a simple and easy-to-use speaker. It has a great sound quality and can fill an entire room with music without the need to turn it up very loud. It’s a bit smaller than the Sonos product but still packs enough of a punch that makes it a great option.
- Easy to use and set up; TV remote can control volume and source selection making it very intuitive to use; good overall sound quality.
- 1-year limited warranty; will connect through Bluetooth or aux cord.
- This speaker is not wall mountable.
3. Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R450 Wireless Home Theatre System
The Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R450 Soundbar Wireless Home Theatre System is an interesting product because it offers a two-channel sound bar along with two wireless rear speakers to fill out the sound. It can be used as a set of rear surround speakers for your living room or as a visual center for your media room. This is a great choice because it offers something that other options don’t, namely a very rich and full sound from two front channels making it perfect for movies or video games; It’s also simple to use and can be controlled by the remote that comes with the unit or through the app on your phone.
- Great sound quality and bass for movies and video games; excellent bass response for music and better than most sound bars.
- 2 -channel surround sound system with 2 wireless rear speakers included.
- Remote can control volume and source selection making it very intuitive to use.
- Cannot be wall-mounted or placed on top of a TV stand, has a limited warranty.
- The app is only available on Apple products making it difficult to use Android phones; a Limited warranty of 1 year only.
4. Wohome Small Sound Bars for TV
The Wohome Small Sound Bars for TV is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a small, sleek speaker that can fit just about anywhere. This soundbar provides great value for the price; it has a solid sound quality and can be used as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your phone or another device wirelessly.
- Excellent bass response; small enough to sit on top of a TV stand or be wall-mounted or placed on a countertop; easy to use remote with volume control; very affordable.
- 1-year warranty.
- Can be used as a Bluetooth Speaker to Play Music From Your Phone or Other Device. No AUX cord is necessary.
- The sound quality is not as good as the other options on our list.
- May be too small for some, depending on how much sound you require.
1) Not wall mountable.
2) Only 1 AUX connector is built into the unit.
3) Needs to be placed near a source with an AUX port so it can find a signal to stream music from and can work without being too close to the TV.
4) Poor battery life; a portable speaker needs to be charged before every use or it will run out of power quickly.
5. TCL Alto R1 Roku TV Wireless 2.0 Channel Sound Bar
The TCL Alto R1 Roku TV Wireless 2.0 Channel Sound Bar is a quality entry-level soundbar that can be placed anywhere on top of your TV stand or used as rear surround speakers in the living room. It has an excellent sound quality and offers two wireless rear speakers via Bluetooth to offer some very rich and full sound to fill a room with music.
- Excellent sound quality, bass response, and clarity; great overall audio quality; a wireless option that makes it easy to place anywhere without the need for unsightly cables; remote control is intuitive with good volume control.
- Can be mounted on a built-in speaker stand in your living room or put on top of a TV stand.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Decent sound quality but not as good as some of the other options on our list; poor battery life; not wall mountable.
6. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar
The Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim Sound Bar is a quality sound system that will fill in the room with a nice and warm sound. Its design is simple, elegant, and very stylish, making it a great way to fill your entire living room with amazing audio. It also has Bluetooth capability, providing you with even more ways to stream music from your phone or computer wirelessly from across the house without having to run wires all over your house.
- Excellent sound quality and bass; very easy to set up and use.
- The wireless option provides great flexibility in placement; remote control is simple and intuitive.
- 1-year limited warranty. Uses USB for power input.
- Sound quality is not as good as many of the other options on our list; minimum of 1 aux port for the sound bar to connect with your devices, system does not include a wall-mounted bracket so must be placed at least 8 inches away from the TV stand for best performance; Bluetooth connection may not be the best connection but this could improve with time or by using a different speaker from our list but it’s a convenient solution so it’s not a deal-breaker.
7. SEREONIC Portable Wireless TV Speakers
The SEREONIC Portable Wireless TV Speakers is a budget option intended to be used instead of home theatre speakers so you can use your existing home theatre speaker setup in your living room while enjoying the wireless convenience of these wireless speakers. These wireless speakers are a good choice because they are affordable and offer good sound quality.
- Excellent sound quality; the unique design includes woodgrain and chrome finish; great overall audio performance; convenient and stylish, can be placed anywhere without unsightly wires or feeling like you’re compromising on your entertainment experience.
- The wireless option provides great flexibility in placement; remote control is simple and intuitive.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- Volume and sound quality are not as good as some of the other options on our list; requires a source port and a USB port to work so you need to place it near your smart TVs or computer; battery life is decent but not very long so you will have to recharge after every use.
Reason to choose the wireless speaker for tv
1. Soundbar is a simple way to increase the sound of your TV without the hassle of running cables around and attaching them to multiple devices. Just place it on top of your TV stand and connect it with your TV via an AUX-in port and you’re good to go.
2. Sound bars are a much more convenient solution than running multiple cables all over your living room, getting them tangled up, and even larger speaker systems that can take up valuable space in your living room.
3. If you’re looking for something easy to set up, wireless speakers top all other choices. You can place these gadgets anywhere in your house, no wires required. These speakers are great for filling in the spaces between your TV and its other components, so you get the optimal audio experience regardless of where you place them.
4. Wireless speakers are also much more convenient when you’re watching TV in another room.
Check also: Best In-Wall Speakers
Guide to Buying the Best Wireless Speakers For TV
1. Warranty: Most wireless speakers come with 1-year warranties. The higher-end models might have a 2-year warranty to cover any potential issues. Check the warranty details on the product page to get a more accurate picture of the product’s longevity.
2. Size: Finally, what you’re looking for is a device that offers good sound quality in an affordable package that can be placed anywhere in your house or two for listening to music around the house without taking up extra space; a rounded rectangle shape is preferable so it fits well with any TV stand or unit, not just square shapes; long length is preferable as it will provide striking sound reflection and better bass response.
3. Sound quality: The audio performance of the wireless speaker depends on a number of factors and the most important is sound quality. With these devices, you get what you pay for. If you want to be sure that the sound is decent, then go for products that have an average price and average features.
4. Bluetooth vs Wired: There are two options available in wireless speaker systems: Bluetooth connectivity or wired connection. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that uses radio waves to communicate between two devices. It’s used in smartphones, tablets, speaker systems, computers, and other electronic devices. Wired speakers are plugged into an electrical outlet so they can wirelessly connect to another device.
5. Power: To use a wireless speaker system, you need to plug it into a power source before use; you can get rechargeable batteries as well as heavy-duty AC adapters included in the box with most products; just be sure to check the specifications of your product so you will know what’s included in the box, especially if it’s not listed on the product page.
6. Soundbar vs Speaker Set: When you’re looking for wireless speakers for TV, you have a few options. You can choose to buy a sound bar that connects to your TV via your TV’s sound system or HDMI port; many of these systems up the sound quality by connecting wirelessly to Bluetooth devices such as smartphones and tablets. This is one of the best ways to increase the overall audio prior to buying a separate speaker set.
Check also: Best 12 Inch Subwoofers
If you’re looking for a good wireless speaker system for home use, your options are pretty limited. You can take your pick from the variety of brands and models on our list, but you will have to consider your budget before settling on a device that suits your needs best. No doubt that using multiple devices connected to the same source port is better than using them separately since it will definitely increase the sound quality of the device. If you have any questions about what electronic devices work with which TV brands and models, please make sure to check out our compatibility guide at the end of this article.
Virat Raj is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & International Keynote Speaker currently living a digital nomad lifestyle. During his more than 10 years-long expertise in digital marketing, Virat Raj has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker, and author of “Learn Everyday yourself: In Pursuit of Learning” which has sold over 10,000 copies, worldwide.